Table of Contents
Recently updated on May 31st, 2023
Twitter is a leading social platform that helps in connecting people worldwide. Unlike the other social networking sites, the Twitter audience feeds on valuable tweets. Here, you need to put written posts. The reach gets better with relevant postings and quality tweets. Pictures are also important, but your tweets need to be engaging and appealing to stand out from the rest. The verification factor plays a role in fetching you the desired reach.
Advantages of Verification on Twitter
Why does the verified tick matter on Twitter? The answer is simple, to increase credibility. A blue tick beside your Twitter handle makes people rely on your tweets and results in more retweeting. Thus, you can successfully amplify your influence and make your voice heard. Other than this, you achieve better noticeability among the rest and gain importance among the many existing users.
Categories to know
Anyone can open a Twitter account, but the social platform categorizes to distinguish each account type. For getting your account verified, first, you need to identify the category it falls into. It is the basic eligibility criteria that need fulfilling. Ensure that your concerned account falls in any of the following types to get considered for a blue tick:
- Activist, organizer, or influencer
- Entertainment or media
- Business or organization
- Brands or company
- Sports or gaming
- Government sector
Firstly, your account needs to be public and have media references in recent times. Without three or more media mentions or relevant references in the last six months, the chances are dim. Also, if your account does not have a follower count in the top 0.5% of the Twitter accounts in the local geographical area, you cannot pass the steps! Each concerned category in Twitter has distinct rules and norms that require fulfillment. It can be puzzling to understand, but verification does not take long with the right supervision.
Follow these steps for Twitter verification
If you are clear with the different rules of the terms of Twitter services, there is a high chance to clear the process at once. However, you must follow these steps carefully to pave the way to attain that blue tick beside your Twitter handle.
- Step 1: You can initiate the verification request from both the app in your smartphone or from the website. Go to the option of “Settings and Privacy” after signing in to your concerned Twitter account. Under this section, go to the “Account” option to lead to the further process.
- Step 2: Find the option that has “Request Verification” and click on it. It will further open a new section that contains relevant questions related to your account. Access the verification setting page to answer questions under the section “Tell us who you are.”
- Step3: After this, you need to prove your identity. It is one of the crucial steps that often lead to rejection right away. You need to pick the identity document option that you are willing to produce from the many alternatives. Keep in mind; the ID proof should be valid and government-issued. Alongside, provide a valid email ID and the official website that links to your concerned Twitter account.
- Step 4: Provide all the essential information and identity data in the given options. Check if they are valid and relevant to your account. Click on the option of “Submit” and then wait for Twitter to review your stated information. On successful submission of the verification application, Twitter will send you a direct message to notify the status. Have patience as it can take longer than a week, or even more in cases of rejection.
In case of rejection
Your application got rejected? Do not worry, for you can re-apply! It is better to review what went wrong in the previous one. You have to wait for thirty days before applying again. Within this time, check your ID proofs and relevant documents and information to ensure success in the next attempt. Choose the category carefully. It would be better to seek the guidance of experts to assure the next chance.
Tips to succeed
Other than the mentioned steps of account verification, there are a few things that need prior attention. Before you are ready to apply, ensure that your account has the necessary features that lead to the blue tick. Twitter has strict guidelines to consider any account for verifying. Keep a note of the following and get the desired outcome without failing.
- Setting-up rightly: Start with the basics of setting up your account. If your account does not have all the essential information that defines you or your business, the chances of getting the blue tick is nil. It means you have to fill up all the information in the “about me” section and put up a profile photo to complete it.
- Account activity: An idle account can never get a verified tick. You need to post and tweet regularly to show the activeness of your account. It will also help you gain the attention of the netizens and acquire the needed relevance among them.
- Build your identity: If your account concerns a brand or an individual account, focus on building your credibility. Your account details and content should be reliable and identifiable to the people in the social network. It is a practical aspect and highly important.
- Valid details: Do not expect your Twitter account to get verified if it is not unique and does not have valid information. An imposter account or a fan account cannot get verified. Provide truthful information and ID proof if you wish to get verified.
- Understand the norms: Without a clear understanding of the multiple rules and regulations of the verification aspects, it is not possible to get the tick. Gather useful information about the concerned rules to avoid mistakes in following the steps.
Final tip: Consult the professionals
The process of getting verified is not complex if you have the right guidance. Only following the steps is not sufficient; you must put valid information and identify the exact data that Twitter needs to confirm your identity. Unfortunately, many do not understand it completely and face rejections repeatedly. To avoid this, get in touch with Upstage Media, a prominent name in the business who can assist you in the matter. Know in detail about qualifying the verification steps from the experts and attain the blue tick without any issues.