Table of Contents
X, formerly known as Twitter, is always in firing mode. The rules here are like any other social media platform but are going through several changes. It may cause you trouble by suspending your account mistakenly or intentionally.
Social media platforms are all about rules. If you have broken some, the platform especially is not going to entertain it by any means. The terms of service ask you to post valuable and harmless content, otherwise, it will suspend your account.
If you’re into this article, your account has already been suspended. This article will help you understand why it happened and how you can recover your suspended Twitter account again.
Why Does X (formerly known as Twitter) Suspend Accounts?
X has certain rules about all accounts and is very strict about them. Here are some primary reasons why they will suspend your account.
1. If you’ve violated any rules:
Twitter automatically removes your account if you have published abusive words. Abusive words go with terrorism, violence, or illegal goods promotions. Here are some prohibited contents that you must not publish.
- Hateful content.
- Sexual content.
- Violence attacks
- Gory images.
2. If you use fake or spam accounts:
Twitter is always in search of spammy accounts. The X rulebook clearly states the importance of authenticity and users must not spam people with fake identities & misinformation. Plagiarism of other intellectual properties also falls into spam activity.
3. If your account is hacked:
Any malicious activities on your account come to notice. If Twitter notices any such activities, it will automatically send a notice to the rightful owner and seek more information.
Things You Must Know About Twitter:
- X will lock or limit the account if they find anything suspicious on your account. The process asks for your email address or phone number for verification.
- It takes 12 hours to 7 days for X to remove the restrictions. Till then you can only wait.
- If X has suspended your account by mistake, then you can file a request to unsuspend your account.
What Suspension Types Are There?
X imposes several kinds of restrictions on your account based on the circumstances. Here are those.
1. Read-Only Suspension:
Sometimes, X turns your account red only by giving a temporary suspension. This suspension allows users to read only and not to post. X does this to people who follow all the rules by being aggressive towards other people or incidents. Twitter uses temporary suspension to let their anger cool down before interacting with the app again.
2. Temporary Suspension:
The X suspends an account temporarily if there has been any violation of the rules of the platform. It happens mainly because of publishing abusive language or harmful media.
The Twitter support team sends you a notification about the suspension, and the reason, and highlights the cause for deleting/changing it.
3. Permanent Suspension:
The permanent suspension bans the user from all places on the platform. More to it, the user can’t create alternative accounts as well to prohibit any further damage. This happens when a user repeatedly breaks the rules and terms of services from X. However, you can expect to reason for permanent suspension where they will share the violated rules and related history of your account as well.
Ways to Recover Your Suspended Twitter Account:
Based on all three suspension types, these are some ways to recover your account. Here is how you can recover a suspended Twitter account. Try them and you will definitely get your account back to you.
1. Confirming the Identity:
This is useful in removing the temporary suspension from the account. This happens when the account is found performing some aggressive liking or sharing as a bot.
When X implies this shadow suspension, they share a notification with you and ask you to verify your email ID or phone number. Below are the steps to do so.
- Log into your account with your smartphone or laptop.
- Search for the suspension button and start the verification process.
- Share your phone number or email address.
- Next, verify your account by submitting the codes to verify.
2. Changing Password May Help You:
In cases of suspicious activities on the account, you will find yourself unable to login to your X account with the old password.
X does this to safeguard your account from being hacked. You can’t log in until you change the password. X sends you a related notification to your email address to alert you about the situation. Here are the steps below to do so.
- Log in to your email address and find the email from the X.
- If not found, don’t forget to check the spam/junk folders.
- Open the email and click the reset password link.
- Verify your old password and enter the new password to get into your Twitter account.
3. Wait and Nothing Else:
Temporary Twitter account suspensions are the most imposed suspension type by X. If you have violated the terms of services multiple times, the X support team will punish you with this. Now you can’t lift your suspension by giving your identity.
Your only option is to wait for the suspension to pass automatically. Here is the process of doing it. You will be able to use the platform and message your followers, but you can’t post or retweet.
- Login your X account.
- Look for the temporary suspension ban.
- Click on ‘Continue to X’.
- Wait for the countdown to finish.
Note- This time period may continue for 48 hours to 7 days.
4. Delete All Rules Violating Content:
Twitter offers more freedom to users, comparatively. However, they have their own set of rules that users must not violate. Uploading hateful & sexual content is strictly prohibited on the platform, as well as aggressive comments and foul language.
If you have committed such a violation, X will send you an email highlighting the contents that are involved. This includes images tweets or videos.
Your only way to remove your suspension is to accept their demand and delete all your posts that don’t respect the platform’s policies and never do that again.
5. Submit An Appeal:
Sometimes, X may suspend your account by mistake. If you think that your account has been suspended for unfair reasons, you should submit an appeal to the support team on Twitter to get your suspended Twitter account.
Follow the below steps to do so.
- Go to the help section of X. Open the forms then account access and then appeal.
- Write descriptively why the team has mistakenly suspended your Twitter account. Also, mention how your tweets did not breach any rules or if your account was hacked.
- Enter all essential basic information.
- Submit your government identification documentation for verification.
- Click on submit.
- Wait for the response.
Suspended Twitter accounts are a problem for many. Most users actually don’t know about the privileges Twitter or the X offers them. If you want to recover a suspended Twitter account, we have explained it. The above methods are for an all-temporary ban or read only ban or a permanent ban.
If X has suspended your account, follow the above-mentioned ways and you will surely get it back.