Table of Contents
Guiding Steps – Getting Verified on Instagram
Instagram is the current favorite social platform among web users. Be it a public figure or any reputed business; everyone owns an Instagram account to connect better. It gives better exposure for most businesses as more people are active on the platform. If you also own an Instagram account and want to get verified, apply for it rightly. Your Instagram account can be an individual account or for a business that you own. In either case, it needs the right recognition among the users. Get verified with the right steps.
Who can get verified?
Any user can request verification, but not everyone on Instagram can get verified. Certain rules and guidelines set the bar high. The primary requirement of getting on the right track is to have a public account. If you are a public figure or the concerned brand is well-known, you are eligible. If your account has a large following, the chances of verification are high.
There are multiple terms of service that play a part in confirming your identity for verification. Instagram has strict rules that need to get followed for a successful verification result. The community guidelines are a bit complex and need an explanation from an expert to follow rightly. However, the following are the broader areas to work on to confirm the eligibility criteria.
- Authentic: The authenticity of your account matters largely. Be it an individual profile, a business, or a brand; it needs to have a genuine source. Fan accounts or duplicate accounts of a page do not meet the criteria and get rejected right away!
- Unique: Unique in Instagram refers to a singular valid account with relevant details. The concerned account needs to belong to a proper entity, and there must be only one page per person or business. However, there is an exception with language-specific accounts. So, recognize the rule carefully.
- Public: The concerning account should be public. If the mode of post visibility is private, you cannot apply for verification. For qualifying this ground, change the settings of your Instagram handle to a public account.
- Complete: A complete profile is a must to meet the verification tick. A profile picture with a complete bio is necessary to get on with the verification procedure. Also, accounts without any posts or idle accounts do not get verified for the strict guidelines.
- Notable: Notability is one factor that the platform focuses largely on. Your account should have a prominent position in the social space, and people should identify your service. Be it a personal profile or a brand, it needs to fall under the “highly searched” segment.
Work on the said aspects before you get started with the steps. It will amplify the positive chances of getting verified at once!
Follow the steps
Read the mentioned steps and understand the process. Understand each step to get it right:
- Setup rightly
Check if your profile has all the essential information, posts, and photos. If not, do the changes before getting ahead with the process. Feature what you want to showcase through the public profile and complete the setup.
- Go to settings
Go to the settings option from the “hamburger icon” in the top right. Then, tap on account to find the option of “Request Verification”. On doing it, you will find more than one option to fill in.
- Request for verification
Put the essential information on the boxes after you have tapped on the verification request. The essential data that needs inputting are:
- Legal name and known name: Here, the known name is only applicable if you have a different working name or professional name.
- Category selection: Choose the right category that matches your featuring from the multiple options like blogger, influencer, business, brand, media, etc.
- Identity proof: You need to provide valid ID proof to confirm your identity. Based on it, Instagram will determine your credibility. It can be any legal ID proof for an individual account, while businesses need documents like tax filling, invoices, etc.
- Submit and wait
Fill up the important information and input the right data. Submit after you have checked your provided information. It is not a swift process and takes time to complete. You will get duly notified about the status of your request. However, there is no fixed time for that.
In case of rejection
Got a rejected response? Don’t lose hope! You can retry the verification request after thirty days! However, it would be better to work on the shortcomings that were responsible for the previous rejection. Identify the areas you need to work on. Get help from an expert to know more about the process to do it right this time!
Things to remember
Many do not understand the reason behind verification failure. As a result, many fall prey to false promises and end up paying money! Be careful with the steps you follow and the methods you choose. Keep a note in your mind about the following three aspects to reduce the chances of failure while getting verified.
- Follow it right: If you follow the discussed steps of verification correctly and satisfy the criteria, the outcome is sure to be positive. Follow each step and make an effort to meet each criterion before you request verification. It will amplify your chances of getting the verified tick without any issues.
- Do not buy: Be cautious of what you see on the web! Multiple fake accounts claim guaranteed verification process. Please do not believe in the false information and provide any important data or money to them. Other than the mentioned steps, there is no way of getting verified on Instagram.
- Stay relevant: Lastly, to ease the process and affirm the chances, stay relevant on the search. It is a practical technique to higher the chances. Apply for the verification request when your account is in high demand, and people are searching for the same. It certainly boosts the chances and leads to easy verification.
Make the right choice
For ascertaining the verification process and get the desired outcome at once, you need the right assistance. Get in touch with a professional service provider, like Upstage Media, a professional name in the field. Feel free to clarify the essential knowledge regarding the matter. Take a wise call to assure your credibility on the social network. Get verified without any difficulty with expert help.