Table of Contents
WhatsApp is a family-friendly social media platform which is a great step for connecting people you know in real life. WhatsApp still works with the same structure except for the fact that it now has a green tick feature. The green tick represents the professional accounts and allows your customers & leads to see you that way. Green tick is to some extent similar to what you’re thinking. It’s a verified account like the other social media platforms. It allows you to reach out to people beyond your contact list.
Surely, this new feature gained several hot talks among businesses but is it really so necessary? If yes, how can you get that? Most importantly, how would your business grow by a WhatsApp green tick verification?
What is WhatsApp Green Tick?
We see ticks on almost all social media platforms to represent important accounts. Generally, these accounts come from public celebrities or big enterprises. But, the green tick on WhatsApp is a little odd.
WhatsApp green tick represents official business accounts on the platform. A green tick means the number belongs to an official business and is not a normal account for chats.
Recently we have seen a lot of professional messages on people’s accounts. These professional business accounts use WhatsApp bulk messages feature to reach their targeted audience.
Why is Getting the WhatsApp Green Badge so important?
WhatsApp is a platform for people with real-life contact. It’s a platform where people beyond your contact are allowed at all. This means anything on the user’s end falls into personal space and has a lot of attention from the user.
WhatsApp is a secure place where you reach out to their books and also can maintain a balanced distance. It’s more intimate than emails but limited to other social media platforms. It simply means you have more chances to be accepted than anywhere else.
The WhatsApp business accounts have reached a 98% opening rate. This is quite shocking because it is 35% higher than email marketing. This 2022 report data shows exactly what we explained in the above sentences.
More to it, getting verified on WhatsApp makes your business trustworthy. Users think of it as a stamp of reputation & authenticity. Just like the public figures on the other platforms, your business suddenly turns into someone important from the community.
There are 2.4 billion WhatsApp users in the world. Reaching out to them in a limited personal space can stand out your business and give the necessary boost for 2X-4X ROI.
Types of WhatsApp Business Accounts:
WhatsApp has officially set up two different types of business accounts. Both the names are very similar so be extremely attentive when you’re going through both types. Read the following.
- WhatsApp Business Account
- Official WhatsApp Business Account
1. WhatsApp Business Account:
This status comes from the direct WhatsApp Business Apps. There is a different WhatsApp called by the name ‘WhatsApp Business’. Any account here automatically gets listed in business accounts. However, it’s a simple account with some special features.
This account is perfect for small size businesses where most of the things are controlled by the owners only. With a WhatsApp Business account, you will be able to showcase your products/services to customers and connect with them throughout their shopping.
2. Official WhatsApp Business Account:
Official WhatsApp Business Account is where you get the honored green tick. You go through a verification system where you must submit the necessary documents to WhatsApp to prove your authenticity. We will discuss the process in detail later.
WhatsApp verifies each brand that wants to use the WhatsApp business API. Currently, this feature is available only to medium & large size enterprises in the world.
Is It Worth Getting WhatsApp Green Tick Verification?
A WhatsApp business account is a really big deal. It’s a multi-step process for business but results are phenomenal. The opening rate of WhatsApp marketing is 98%. The ratio is way higher than an all-time best performer, Email Marketing. But that’s not where it ends. Here are some benefits of getting verified on WhatsApp.
– The global WhatsApp users are 2 Billion, exceeding Facebook by 0.7 billion users.
– WhatsApp application has the highest open rates compared to other marketing methods.
– 89% of total users don’t want to return to their traditional resources.
– The app allows companies to be proactive with customer interaction.
– Messaging on WhatsApp allows multimedia at very cheap rates.
Pros & Cons of Having a WhatsApp Green Tick Badge Application:
– The WhatsApp green tick verification builds trust in the receiver leading to a better opportunity for conversion.
– Green tick makes your business reliable & authentic.
– WhatsApp green tick has witnessed 98% message opening rate.
– Customers who have already used WhatsApp marketing messages don’t want to go back to traditional methods of marketing resources.
– It’s personal to users as well as balanced.
– The only visible cons of using green tick is when users read your messages. The system notifies you of this. When this happens, you may feel pressure to respond promptly. This may cause a privacy breach for users.
Applying for WhatsApp Green Tick Verification:
You have finally decided to get a green tick on WhatsApp. But how do you do that? Here are the exact steps for WhatsApp green tick. The whole process goes in stages. The first one is the ‘Preparation stage’ and the second one is the ‘Application stage’.
1. Preparation Stage:
The preparation stage describes about 4 vital requirements for all applicants. These are important as WhatsApp wants to make sure that your business is excellent enough for a badge.
– Create a WhatsApp API with 360dialog.
– Verify your business on Meta Business Manager.
– Active two-factor authentication.
– Approve your display name in WhatsApp.
Once you’ve completed all these requirements, you are allowed to apply for the Official Business Account (OBA) through WhatsApp Business Manager. Follow the below-given application stage steps for doing so.
2. Application Stage:
– Login with your account in WhatsApp Manager.
– Check the left sidebar. Click on the Account Tools tab.
– Choose your contact number and click on profile.
– Submit a request for a green tick for your WhatsApp business API.
Notes to Remember:
– Be very careful while filling in your details.
– You can’t change the display name without reapplying. Brainstorm first for the display name of your business.
– If rejected, you must wait for 30 days to reapply.
What to Do If Your Green Badge Application Gets Rejected?
There are chances that you fail in getting WhatsApp green tick verification. The very simple solution for this is to apply again after 30 days. But before you do so, find out why the WhatsApp community rejected your application in the first place. Here are a few reasons you may face rejection.
– Your business didn’t meet the eligibility criteria.
The brand name of your business wasn’t clear enough to get verified.
– You’ve already applied for it multiple times and WhatsApp has now stopped giving it. You must wait for the next batch of green ticks.
Businesses That Can’t Apply for Green Tick Verification:
WhatsApp wants to keep its business segment very clean. Thus, it doesn’t allow any suspicious business on its platform. Here are some businesses that can never get green tick verification on WhatsApp.
– Crypto Currency
– Medical products
– Alcohol Companies
– Adult Products & Services
Eligibility for a Green Tick on WhatsApp:
First thing first, don’t be discouraged if WhatsApp rejects your application. They are seriously very strict about it and offer only the big players of the global business industry to go green. Your chances of failing are super high.
Here are some real eligibility criteria for you to get WhatsApp green tick verification.
– Your brand must be a voice among people. Generally, WhatsApp considers news coverage or Digital PR Agency mentioning.
– WhatsApp Green Tick is allowed only to businesses and not to any celebrity.
– Using WhatsApp Business API is a must.
WhatsApp Green Tick offers trust & authority to businesses. As recent reports have shown, WhatsApp businesses with green tick have a record 98% opening rate which is a miraculous number for any business around. In this article, we have discussed everything about WhatsApp green tick verification. If you’re trying to get it for yourself, follow the given instructions. All the best.
The WhatsApp green tick verification is given only to businesses for better conversions & building trust among users by making your business professional.
WhatsApp green tick verification offers your business better opening, clicking, and conversion rates. Moreover, it lets you interact with the users in their personal space which has shown 35% better results than Emails as well.
Fulfill the requirement & apply to get the WhatsApp green tick. You must do it with WhatsApp Business Manager.
Providing a WhatsApp green tick verification is completely dependent on the WhatsApp team. However, the process takes 10 days minimum.
There is no extra document needed for WhatsApp green tick verification except the following.
– Your account must use the WhatsApp API account.
– Meta Business Manager must have verified your account.
– Your account has 2-step verification enabled.
– Your business has a notable impression among people.
No, there are no extra fees for WhatsApp green tick verification. However, if you use a third-party Business Service Provider (BSP), they may charge some extra pennies to you.