Table of Contents
Guiding Steps – Getting Your Facebook Profile Account Verified
Dream of having the blue tick beside your Facebook profile? Well, it is possible but only with the right techniques! The process is not so complex but needs a professional touch to get it at once. The steps are easy to follow, yet many do not get verified at the end. There are certain technicalities that you need to get right. Many fails at the process for the lack of the right knowledge. Give a quick read to get an idea about the matter.
Why get verified
Before getting started with the process, first, address why you need it; the answer is simple, to get a better noticeability. But is that it? A verified account not only makes a noticeable impact on the viewers but also asserts credibility. People rely on the information that you share due to the credibility of your Account. Get a chance to amplify the noticeability with the tick beside your name and ride to success.
- Social authority: Social authority is another crucial aspect behind getting a verified account. The way people perceive you as a person and your work gets defined by it. You get to have a better stand in terms of social positioning in the volatile platform of Facebook. It also reflects authenticity for which more people follow you and get an idea about the work you do.
Many have the misconception that any account on Facebook can get verified. It is not true at all! There are strict guidelines of the platform, which helps in choosing the Account fit for the purpose. You cannot expect a tick beside your profile name without asserting the mentioned criteria on the platform. The primary aspects that are significant among the many guidelines are:
- Authenticity: Most important of all, your Account should represent a public entity. To put it in simpler words, more people should know you and acknowledge your work to make your Account important enough.
- Completeness: Completeness refers to the activity range of the concerned Account. If you have an idle account that you rarely use or an incomplete About section, there is no chance! It is a strict guideline to maintain for any account to get verified.
- Notability: Online mentions, significant following, and work acknowledgement fall under this section. You need to have a noticeable presence to get the blue tick beside your name. Facebook checks this aspect thoroughly before affirming verification.
- Uniqueness: Lastly, the most important of all is a unique identity. You cannot possess more than one Profile with the same details unless you have a multi-language specific profile.
Other rules are also there that needs to get ticked before you get that desired blue tick. Do your research well to know about all the related guidelines or get in touch with an expert.
Steps to verify
Now that you know the relevant guidelines check with your existing Account if it qualifies the essentialities. Do it beforehand to reduce any chance of verification rejection. Now, getting straight to the steps that will help you get the tick beside your name.
- Request: The first step is applying for the verification process. Go to the blue verification page on Facebook to request the same. You can find it in the Help center section of the platform.
- Type identification: After finding the option to get started with the process, identify the type. You will see there are two options under the type; select the one that suits you. In this case, you choose Profile as you want to get your Facebook profile verified.
- Profile and category: Coming to the next point after you get sorted with the identity type. You need to provide the valid URL that leads to your Profile in the said platform. Put that in the specified option and then continue with the further selections. Pick the category that you think suits your Profile the best. It is crucial as, based on it, you can face rejection in the latter stage. Be careful and ask for an expert opinion to pick the right.
- Country: It is a simple step; you only need to choose the country. Search among the many options available on the drop-down list and pick your country.
- Identification material: Be careful with this step as you need to provide proof of your recognition. To put it simply, provide valid identification material by uploading it on the platform. Facebook will verify it first and check the authenticity of your Profile on their platform. Read the rules related to ID proof upload to eliminate rejection chances.
- Delving into details: Many accounts do not achieve the blue tick for this step! Here, you need to provide the details and reasons behind your verification request. It is highly advisable to input the right reasons; else, they can reject you on this basis. Consult with professionals to put the right words.
- Final step: Finally, you submit and wait! Yes, the wait can be long if the steps do not get followed rightly. Inappropriate documentation or mismatch of interests may cause rejection or a longer waiting time.
Rejected once? Next step to follow
Even after following the said steps, your Account can get rejected! If any of the said aspects get wrong or the guidelines do not get matched, it is quite possible. However, do not get disheartened, for there is a way to reapply. After getting rejected, you can reapply after a month. Meanwhile, try every possible way to expand the reach and authenticity. It would be better to re-read the guidelines to get an idea of the wrong-going. Also, you can seek an expert’s help for the same.
Key to successful verification
The mentioned seven steps are the ways to succeed and have a verified account on Facebook. However, you can see the possibilities and chances of rejection. The wait gets longer when your Profile gets rejected. Any minor issue with the submission process or choosing of options can shatter your hopes. So, be careful before you take a chance!
The chances of rejection get reduced with professional assistance. You can always contact a service provider who is an expert in the field. Get in touch with Upstage Media, a renowned name in the said field, to know more about the process. They can guide you through the process and ascertain the desired outcome.