Table of Contents
Do you wish to promote your brand better on social platforms? Facebook is a great option to explore when it comes to brand work. The pages help a lot in the process. Any page you own requires social attention to flourish. Through the content of the pages, it is possible to catch the right eyeballs and inform your offerings. Build your brand better with a verified page and observe the change in brand perception. The process of verification is not complex but requires attentive steps to avoid getting rejected.
Perks of verification
- Brand awareness: Not all brands get the same amount of exposure. Despite having a page on Facebook with several likes and a large following, it is hard to stand out. When people search for something in the social platform, multiple pages get listed on the search result index. But only the verified pages get the right attention and top ranks. For this, having that tick beside the name of your Facebook page plays a significant part.
- Brand authenticity: The way people perceive your brand makes the difference at the end of the day. If your brand is not noticeable and identifiable among many, the reach gets lower. Also, people do not rely on pages not having the verification tick. It is all about having credibility through which you can connect to the people on the platform better. Establish reliability of your concerned page, irrespective of the offerings, to grow more in the social network.
Currently, if you browse through the multiple pages on Facebook, you will notice that not all of them have verification ticks. There are several pages on the social platform that showcase the offerings of the associated brand or business. Depending on the verification aspect, the chances of excellence vary to a large extent. Before getting on with the necessary steps to verify, know about the perks of verification.
- Better categorization: Many do not identify this aspect as the previous ones. Facebook has a way of segmenting the pages into categories. All pages are not a part of business groups; many are for entertainment purposes. Having the verified tick beside the page name makes your page a prominent one among the categories. It helps you gain better search results than the rest. Gain better social attention through the verification process.
Now coming to the vital part, is your page eligible for the verification process? If you have a well-established page with all the essential details, you get qualified for the process. An idle page not having much information about it does not need any verification. Therefore, first, check if your page has the right things to get verified. Also, coming to the badges, there are two types of verification ticks. You may have noticed that not all pages have a blue tick; some have a grey verification tick beside the name. Facebook considers several factors to determine the right tick option for any page.
- Gray or blue: Clear out the color factor to understand the verification details. Facebook provides a blue badge to a page only when it is of public interest. Your page can be of any type, including business or media, but the factors that determine the right tick are:
- Account completeness
- Policy compliance
- Public interest
On the other hand, a gray badge indicates the authenticity of a page if it falls under the local boundaries. Simply explaining, blue badges express a larger brand strength while the gray one refers to the medium or small-scaled ones. The three types of businesses using the gray badge are local enterprises, businesses, companies, etc.
Check the following steps to make your way to the badge beside the page name. Follow them rightly to get your Facebook page verified:
Step 1: Setup right
Firstly, complete your page details. Apart from making your page active and posting relevant things, it is essential to provide the necessary page parts. The key elements that setup any page is:
- A well-published page. It will not get verified if it is in draft mode.
- A profile picture of the page that is relevant to the concerned brand or business.
- A cover picture or a cover video is essential for page completeness.
- Create proper content and post it on the page.
Step 2: Facebook settings
Go to the settings portion on your page and find the “General” section in it. Here, you will see the option of page verification from where you can apply for the verification process. Click on the edit option on the right side to get started with the process.
Step 3: Authenticating source
For completing the verification process, you need to provide genuine information. Facebook has strict guidelines and policies to determine the credibility of the pages and profiles. You have to verify the identity of the page via documents or contact details. You can provide a valid phone number associated with your brand so that an automated call can verify it. Other than this, you can also provide valid documents that support the needful. Without the presence of right and valid information, there is no chance of getting verified. The documents that you can produce are business bills, business tax files, certificates, etc.
After this, go ahead with the submission and wait for the verified notification. Depending on the provided information and other factors, the time to complete the process can take up to a month! However, if you follow the steps rightly and provide the right essentials, the time gets reduced, and verification gets easy.
- Proceed carefully: Remember that your verification request can get rejected for multiple reasons. The policies are strict for avoiding mishandling of the badges. It is better to understand the process completely before starting. Go for professional assistance to assure a swift verification process.
You need to provide the right information and follow the correct way to get verified. Many pages get rejected in the way due to minor mistakes. You can seek the guidance of professionals who can assure the verification process. Upstage Media, a reputed name in the sector, can help you out through the process. Get in touch with their expert team to avoid the possible rejection chances and get that much-awaited tick!