Recently updated on November 17th, 2022
How many followers does a person need to get verified on Instagram? This is one of the most asked questions by Instagram users. The answer, unfortunately, is not straightforward like we would hope it would be. If you want to know how many followers you will need for verification and other tips and tricks that can help you gain more followers, then read the article below!
1. How Many Followers Do You Need To Get Verified On Instagram?
An Instagram user can get verified if their account has a high number of followers.
The exact number depends on the company’s standards, but typically it will be somewhere between 30k to 500k followers.
Because of this, some users buy followers to gain Instagram verification.
Fortunately, Instagram is aware of this and will remove fake profiles from the verification list. This means that even if a person buys followers, they won’t get verified by Instagram.
2. What Are The Benefits Of Being Verified On Instagram?
Increase overall credibility and authenticity of the account.
The Instagram algorithm will prioritize the posts on your profile over others that are not verified accounts. This means more organic reach, backlinks to your site, etc.
Some brands might be hesitant in working with you if you’re not a verified brand (e.g: Adidas)
Access to Instagram business/features such as analytics and ads
Easier to add Instagram stories and messages to other social media accounts since they’re all linked.
You can get access to exclusive Instagram stories that are not available for regular users.
People will be more likely to trust you since your account is verified.
3. Why Is It Important To Be Verified On Instagram
Instagram is a social media platform that allows people to connect with friends, family, and other users. It also provides business pages the opportunity to promote their products or services in an easy way. However, if you have an Instagram account but are not verified this means your profile cannot be found among suggested profiles by search engines. Thus, it becomes harder for potential customers to reach your profile and interact with you or view your content.
Verification on Instagram can be a little complicated. But there are some rules that you should take into consideration when thinking about the verification process:
- You must have organic press mentions
- You must have an email address linked to your account for verification purposes.
- You need to prove that you own the website or domain by adding it in the “About” section of your profile.
As a result, these are some tips and tricks that can help you gain more followers:
- Post fresh and creative content, make sure it is relevant to your niche.
- Interact with other Instagram users by commenting on their photos or starting a conversation through direct messaging if you want them to follow you back.
- Try the “regram” feature that allows resharing someone else’s photo which can be posted automatically onto your profile after tagging the author.
- Use relevant hashtags in your posts, this will help you to get more exposure and potential followers by being seen on Instagram search engines or groups related to your niche.
If you do not have much time for managing an active profile it is better to hire a professional who knows how to gain many real followers that will help you get more exposure and improve your business.
You should also use relevant hashtags in order to gain followers that are interested in the niche of your profile.
If you want a professional company to manage your account, look for Instagram management services online and hire one through their website or social media profiles if available.
You can also hire a social media marketing agency to help you with gaining more followers. This works out in the long run as they will optimize your profile and make it stand out from other profiles on Instagram’s search engine.
These are some of my tips that may be helpful in growing an active Instagram profile.
There are many reasons why people want to get verified on Instagram. Some of these include gaining more followers, getting access to exclusive features, and being seen as an influencer. The requirements for verification vary depending on the account type – but in general, it is a popularity contest that can be tough to win without help from your friends or marketing agency.
If you’re looking for ways to upstage your competition by becoming verified quickly so you have bragging rights over them because they didn’t try hard enough, call Upstage Media today! Our team will work with you closely every step of the way so we can reach our mutual goal together.